Trunk or Treat – Volunteers Needed
To all of our fellow parents, we are in need of donations and volunteers for our first ever trunk or treat.
We are looking for trunk or treat car decorators and parents to help with the overall event. Here are the details:
The PTA will highly appreciate it if you can donate candy that can be used by the car decorators for the kids. Ideally, some of the candy that is supplied will be allergy (nut free and gluten free) friendly so we can separate these from all other candies. The PTA will be accepting donations up until October 22nd. You can reach out to Theresa Bender, Binu Jacob or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for details on where to bring your donation.
Car decorators will volunteer to use their car trunk to hand out candy. The cars must be decorated and look festive. You will also be entered into the “Best Decorated Car Contest”. The best decorated car will win a special prize.
Here is a example:
A prize will be awarded to the best decorated car!
- Only 12 Cars will be allowed to decorate their cars, so the first 12 people to sign up below are in. (Remember you are committing to use your own car, to decorate it, make it look festive, and to hand out candy.)
- All decorations must be kid friendly (no blood, weapons, etc.)
- All cars must be turned off (no engine idling)
- We recommend two people at each car.
- You will be able to enter the HGS parking lot at 3:30pm to start your decorating with the expectation that kids will arrive at 5pm.
- The PTA will provide goodie bags that will be handed out by you. Note, you will not be able to hand out individual candy. If you want to use your own, we ask that you provide it to the PTA before the event so we can include them in the bags. The PTA is trying to avoid handing out single candy items to the kids.
If you want to be a trunk decorator sign up below:
We also need volunteers to help with the event. You’ll play an important role in keeping things organized. We will need volunteers to help with:
- Checking in the kids and parents
- Directing kids and parents to keep traffic flowing and the ensure social distancing is being followed
- Game hosts / event organizers
If you want to be a volunteer, please sign up below: